Performing Offline Diagnostic test using HP SmartStart CD
The HP Insight Diagnostics utility is a Hardware diagnostic tool available with HP SmartStart CDs. You can launch this tool by booting to HP SmartStart CD. HP Insight Diagnostics tool is helpful when you do the hardware troubleshooting on a server.
HP Insight Diagnostics (Using SmartStart CD) is also used to check if all the hardware devices installed on your Server is recognized by the server OR functioning properly.
Offline Hardware test using SmartStart CD:1. Boot the server using Smart Start CD (It might take some time, be patient!) 2. Now you will be at Language and Keyboard Selection page.
3. Select language as English (US), keyboard layout as US English and click Next. 4. Accept HP EULA by clicking Agree button (You have no choice here lol )5. Now you are the Home page of SmartStart CD (Check below provided screenshot)
6. Click on Maintenance button. 7. Now you are at the Maintenance Options window (Check below provided screenshot)
8. Select HP Insight Diagnostics. 9. HP Insight Diagnostics window will load and generate hardware report in a moment. 10. Now you will be at the System Survey main page.
11. Click on the Test tab. You will be at the below provided screen.
12. Click on Complete Test tab.
13. Select Test mode as Unattended
14. Ensure that the option Stop on first error is unchecked.
15. Set the Number of loops to 15 (Set 7 as minimum)
Note:-The above step is the main step ( 1 loop takes approx 1.5hrs-2hrs depend on your hardware)
16. Select All Devices in the list of devices
17. Click on Begin Testing button
18. Now the test will run on all hardware. This process might take hours to complete.
To save the logs you must require external drive.
19. Click on the Logs tab
20. Click on the Diagnosis Log sub-tab.
21. Click Save to save the report.
22. Click on the Test Log sub-tab.
23. Click Save to save the report.
24. Click on the Error Log sub-tab.
25. Click Save to save the report.
26. Also save the Integrated Management Log.
27. To save the report, click on Save button at the bottom of page.
28. Success!! You have generated all the Offline diagnostics logs!
29. Click on Exit Diagnostics button.
30. Reboot/Restart you Server.